I Don't Give A Puck...
So, I had this crazy dream that I was one of the first women players in the National Women's Hockey League. I was pretty good, I am not going to lie. But, I mean you have to be good to make it into the NWHL, which I don't think actually exists. Sorry.
I spent the weekend in Oklahoma, looking for a house. After much deliberation, I think we have decided that the easiest (and most cost efficient) thing to do would be to live in a teepee. In case you didn't know, Oklahoma has a large Native American population. I am not much for casinos or Medicine Men, but give me some fringe and I will dance around the fire for sure. Everyone loves a good party, including the Navajo, Cherokee, and Caddo.
Twelve days until I am a married woman, officially. Let the games begin.
I am so excited about being in town for ACU Graduation, I miss all of my friends so much.
As I have begun to make the transition from College CoEd to Domestic Diva, there are several things that I have discovered, which I will share with all of you:
1. When draining spaghetti, make sure that you hold the lid very tightly on the pan, or use a marvel invention of the 20th century, the colander. If you are making regular spaghetti, it is possible to salvage some of the noodles before they take the everlasting plunge into the garbage disposal abyss, but there is no hope for Angel Hair. None whatsoever.
2. Sewing buttons is not as easy as it seams, or seems either. You will only get the aformentioned pun if a) you sew, b) you are a wife, or c) you have a brain.
3. If a recipe calls for oil, there is no way that this can be substituted with Crisco. Don't try it, just believe me.
I better run, I have to supervise some rowdy freshmen in Algebra class this afternoon. Whoever's bright idea it was to put me in charge of a Math class apparently doesn't know that I can hardly balance my checkbook and sometimes forget how to do long division. Like I always say, you cannot be good at everything.
I spent the weekend in Oklahoma, looking for a house. After much deliberation, I think we have decided that the easiest (and most cost efficient) thing to do would be to live in a teepee. In case you didn't know, Oklahoma has a large Native American population. I am not much for casinos or Medicine Men, but give me some fringe and I will dance around the fire for sure. Everyone loves a good party, including the Navajo, Cherokee, and Caddo.
Twelve days until I am a married woman, officially. Let the games begin.
I am so excited about being in town for ACU Graduation, I miss all of my friends so much.
As I have begun to make the transition from College CoEd to Domestic Diva, there are several things that I have discovered, which I will share with all of you:
1. When draining spaghetti, make sure that you hold the lid very tightly on the pan, or use a marvel invention of the 20th century, the colander. If you are making regular spaghetti, it is possible to salvage some of the noodles before they take the everlasting plunge into the garbage disposal abyss, but there is no hope for Angel Hair. None whatsoever.
2. Sewing buttons is not as easy as it seams, or seems either. You will only get the aformentioned pun if a) you sew, b) you are a wife, or c) you have a brain.
3. If a recipe calls for oil, there is no way that this can be substituted with Crisco. Don't try it, just believe me.
I better run, I have to supervise some rowdy freshmen in Algebra class this afternoon. Whoever's bright idea it was to put me in charge of a Math class apparently doesn't know that I can hardly balance my checkbook and sometimes forget how to do long division. Like I always say, you cannot be good at everything.

4 Comments:
You're funny
Do you think I could sew cooked angel hair pasta onto my peacoat instead of fixing the button? It seams that would be a terrible idea, but you are a domestic diva, therefore I'm prety sure you could find a way to do it.
Freakin A your getting MARRIED this week. Wow I'm about to pass out!
Peeps, I found it and I love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home