Tuesday, June 27, 2006

With Monopoly Money, We'll be Buying the Funny Farm

I would like to bring to your attention that the end of a certain era is at hand. Thirty years in the making, the wildest, hippest hot spot, featuring only the best and brightest stars of the 21st century is coming to its demise. Whether we will survive this earth shattering event, I am uncertain. All I can say is that we, we built this city on rock and roll. A few of my favorite memories from this place I call home are as follows:

Booger Brad: who knew he was in the bed in the add-on picking and rolling his boogers?
His Needs, Her Needs: enough said.
Night Clubs: What Would Jesus Do?
12 Cars, what is this, a disco?
International House of Pancakes
Ko Jo Kai at its finest
Study Break
That's a double decker
I'll take egg salad, on the rocks
Blankets and kisses on the dock
and last but not least: Long live Dirty Rog and the Blender Bender

With bright eyes and a dream, we put our heads together in search of a plan. We wanted publications, we wanted rights, we wanted justice. Unfortunately, upheaval came in form of a 75-year-old thief in the night. Just like the time the SATC girls got together to save Carrie's rent-controlled apartment, we sought desperately for a way, but to no avail. So, dear friends, this is a tribute to a life that was lost too soon. In reverence, those were some of the best days of my life.

With fond memories and tearful good-byes, I go in search of yet another piece of my own personal heaven, laying to rest many a good memory and hope for a brighter day. We lived, we laughed, we conquered, and Pecan Plantation (and Dirty Rog) will never be the same.

Listening: I Will Survive

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Barker said...

I had no idea you had started on your blog again. Those memories are the best, I had forgotten about a couple of them. Thanks for letting us be enjoy your paradise too.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Rosalyn said...

Ky, What would Jesus do made us laugh out loud! You forgot to mention, just us girls, the lake, the night and nothing else between our bodies and the water.....we loved the memories....love Bec and Ro

2:01 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

we will find paradise part 2. don't you forget it.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home